sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens...
Friday, October 7, 2011
there's not weather in California...
So I have the kids figured out, but what I have not figured out is the weather... we don't quite get along yet. It has been so nice, up until Thursday night when it started to rain. When I woke up Friday it wasn't bad, just some light sprinkles - I thought, "I can handle this." So, I decided to bike to lunch. Just like in the movies, as soon as I got to the end of my street, there was a booming crack of lightening and thunder and then a sudden downpour. I kid you not. (Mind you I am wearing cotton leggings, and cheap flats from Target.) I did not turn back, and continued into town - I was instantly wet I figured it couldn't get worse. It got even more Hollywood when I was locking my bike and it began to hail. In town, I compared my outfit to everyone that I saw, all the Germans so practically dressed. When I got back home (soaked), I was talked to my au pair mom (Anna) and we decided we would look through my clothes, and see what I should purchase and for her to teach me how to properly dress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, the german practical dressing is an art form- they should offer a class!
ReplyDeletethey SHOULD offer a class!! at least you have lots of fleece. stephensons are never without fleece.
ReplyDelete